Applying a stylish and practical backsplash in your kitchen or bathroom can instantly upgrade the look and functionality of the space. Peel and stick backsplashes provide an easy and affordable DIY solution for achieving this without the hassle of traditional tile setting. Here is an in-depth guide on where you can buy peel and stick backsplash tiles and panels to transform your home.
What is Peel and Stick Backsplash?
Peel and stick backsplash, also known as self-adhesive backsplash, is a decorative and protective material for walls that can be easily applied by simply peeling off the backing paper and pressing onto the surface. The adhesive backing bonds securely to the wall without requiring special tools, grout or adhesive.
Peel and stick backsplash comes in various styles including:
- Vinyl tiles – Interlocking sticky-back plastic tiles in different sizes, textures and finishes. Easy to cut and install.
- PVC panels – Large format sheets of waterproof PVC in stone, metal, glass and other looks.
- Removable wallpaper – Self-adhesive, removable wallpaper that looks like traditional tile or natural stone. Easy repositioning.
The benefits of peel and stick backsplash are the simple and mess-free installation, ability to easily remove or replace it, and the durability and water-resistance it provides to the wall. It is a great DIY option for renters and homeowners on a budget.
Where to Buy Peel and Stick Backsplash
Here are some of the top places to shop for peel and stick backsplash tiles and panels:
Home Improvement Stores
- Lowe’s – Carries popular brands like Smart Tiles, Art3d and Wallpops in various materials, sizes, colors and patterns. Available both in-store and online.
- Home Depot – Large selection of self-adhesive tile and panels like MSI, York Wallcoverings in affordable to premium options. Accessible online and in-stores.
- Menards – Stocks vinyl tile brands and styles including TrafficMaster, Style Selections and Envirotile. Order online and pickup in-store.
- Walmart – Affordable peel and stick tile packs from brands like StickTiles and RoomMates in many colors and designs. Find online and in retail locations.
- Wayfair – Extensive choice of self-adhesive wall tiles and sheets across various materials, textures, sizes and dimensions. Reasonable prices with quick shipping.
- Overstock – Peel and stick products from top brands like Art3d and NuWallpaper at discount prices. Large in-stock selection with fast delivery options.
- Amazon – Massive inventory of every type of peel and stick backsplash from leading manufacturers. Check reviews and pricing to find the best value.
- eBay – New and used self-adhesive backsplash tiles and panels available at auction or Buy It Now prices. Sort by lowest cost and seller feedback.
- Floor & Decor – Affordable catalogue of backsplash panels, mosaic sheets, metal tiles and more from major companies like MSI and Smart Tiles. Available in-store.
- Bed Bath & Beyond – Varied options of kitchen and bathroom wall tiles that are self-adhesive from brands like York Wallcoverings and Smart Tiles. Access online and in select stores.
- IKEA – Features an exclusive range of Scandinavian style vinyl and plastic self-adhesive tiles perfect for an inexpensive makeover. Only in stores.
- Art3d – Features a wide catalogue of beautiful porcelain, metal, mosaic and vinyl backsplash tiles that are peel and stick. Buy directly from their website.
- Smart Tiles – A popular brand with a huge collection of innovative sticky-backsplash tiles in all types of materials, prints and dimensions. Purchase online.
- NuWallpaper – Specializes in peel and stick wallpaper backsplashes designed to look like authentic tile, brick, wood and stone. Order samples or whole rolls direct.
How Much Does Peel and Stick Backsplash Cost?
The cost of peel and stick backsplash can range anywhere from $0.50 per square foot for basic vinyl tiles to $10 per square foot for higher end stone-look panels or decorative mosaics. On average, expect to budget:
- Vinyl tiles – $1 – $3 per sq. ft.
- PVC panels – $3 – $5 per sq. ft.
- Removable wallpaper – $2.50 – $8 per sq. ft.
The exact price will vary based on the material, thickness, size, color variation, pattern and design. Be sure to measure the backsplash area correctly to determine how many full boxes of tiles or panels are required. purchasing a bit extra allows for cuts, errors and future replacements.
Advantages of Using Peel and Stick Backsplash
Installing a peel and stick backsplash offers many benefits:
- Easy application – Just peel and firmly stick tiles to the wall without Tools or professional installation required.
- Removable and Repositionable – Peel off tiles to remove, re-adjust or update the backsplash later with no damage to walls.
- Affordable – Vinyl options start under $1 per square foot, making it budget friendly compared to ceramic tile.
- Waterproof – Prevents moisture damage and stains for use as kitchen or bathroom backsplash.
- DIY-friendly – Simple enough for anyone to install with basic measurement and cutting skills.
- Variety of looks – Replicates styles of ceramic, glass, metal, stone, brick, wood grains and more.
- Low maintenance – Easy to clean and doesn’t require re-sealing or special cleaners like real tile.
So if you want to upgrade your backsplash on a budget and schedule, shop for peel and stick tiles or panels at one of the major home improvement stores online or in your area. The right product can give you the elegant, high-end backsplash look without the hefty price tag or installation headache.
Frequently Asked Questions About Peel and Stick Backsplash
Is peel and stick backsplash waterproof?
Yes, most quality peel and stick backsplash tiles and panels are waterproof and moisture resistant, making them suitable for kitchens and bathrooms. They prevent water damage on the walls.
Does it leave residue when removed?
High quality peel and stick backsplash can be removed cleanly without leaving adhesive residue on the wall. Cheaper tiles may potentially leave some sticky residue that requires cleaning.
How long does peel and stick backsplash last?
On average, it can last 3-5 years with proper installation and care. Higher quality options have a lifespan up to 10 years. Exposure to moisture reduces longevity.
Can you paint over peel and stick backsplash?
Yes, latex paint or spray paints work well on vinyl, plastic and removable wallpaper backsplashes. This allows changing the color scheme. Avoid oil-based paints.
Is peel and stick backsplash hard to install?
No, peel and stick tiles and panels go up faster and easier than traditional tile. Just plan the layout, measure carefully, cut to fit, peel off backing and press onto wall. Nomess or special tools needed.
Peel and stick backsplash provides a stylish and fuss-free solution to upgrade walls with beautiful and practical accent tiles or panels. The adhesive backing makes installation a breeze. You can shop for quality and affordable options online and at home improvement stores like Lowe’s, Home Depot, Walmart and more. With some planning and basic DIY skills, you can quickly install an eye-catching backsplash on a budget.